On self esteem and self worth.
Last night I was watching some clips on Youtube about how you can heal or improve your perception of self worth and self esteem.
The reason why I came upon this topic is because I realized that no matter how many relationships I would have in the future, if I don't fix my esteem issues, I will always end up as the jealousy-needy type. I have recognized that part of myself.
According to the Youtube video, in order for you to accept yourself, you have to first determine things that you love and hate about yourself:
Things I hate about myself:
- My skin color - i want to be fairer
- My weight issues - I've since worked on this and reached my goal already
- Extra emotional side - especially during hormonal peaks
- My big round face
OMG. Aren't all these physical? Am I that really physical?
Things that I love about myself:
- I love how determined I get once I set a goal/target
- I love how happy I am whenever I finish a bible study session
- I love my deep thinking self
- I love whenever someone compliments me
- I love how loyal I am in a relationship
After listing all these things, I realized it's easier said than done. But one lesson I've learned from last time, I have to accept my flaws, the not so lovable side and pray that someone would also love these flaws of mine because I have no plans of changing it.
Love yourself so much that you know your worth and what you deserve. :)
Love yourself so much that you know your worth and what you deserve. :)
Enjoy your coffee.xoxo
Mood: Lonely
Currently listening to: Tenerife Sea - Ed Sheeran
Currently listening to: Tenerife Sea - Ed Sheeran
Comments
Post a Comment