From Hero to Zero

Friday I'm in Nasugbu.


So my family and I spent the two days break to go out of town slash visita inglesia. The initial plan was to head to Tagaytay, stay in an lax hotel, relax, unwind, spa, bubble bath, all that nice feeling of relaxation given in a first class accommodation. Until my dad suggestion Nasugbu, Batangas. I, being the adventurous type, didn't reject the idea. My bro wants to go out of town and Tagaytay is barely out of town from someone living within the region (I live in Imus, Cavite) so the opportunity to have him join the trip overwhelmed me. In short, we arrived Nasugbu without a definite plan (Now I realized what a mess it is not to plan ahead).

With all the hotels, inns and even cheap rooms fully booked, my called in a family friend living within the area for reinforcement. Uncle Boy (they call him that - we're not blood related) helped us find a place to crash (I shouldn't be commenting negatively but for honesty's sake, it's barely decent).

My bro, sissies and cousin played Tong-its till its 12mn and Mom started to remind all to sleep early for tomorrow we'll be heading to the beach.

Ahhh, the beach. I remember our Zambales trip.



Day 2. Again, que horror, even cottages in cheap resorts are scarce! Talaga nanlulumo na kami ni Kuya and have I told you how much my bro ranted all throughout the trip to the beach because he should be lying on a comfy bed in his room hadn't I called and insisted. Anyway, I'm used to his ways naman so no worries. He'll get over it the next anime convention na ako naman ang yakagin nyang samahan sya.
Side note: I just realized this - if I have a boyfriend I could have someone to accompany me wherever I go other than my bro. LOL

So yun. We got back home evening of the following day.

Here are some thoughts that I realized in our recent trip:

  • I have a terrible sunburn on my upper posterior shoulder (i forgot the name of that muscle tho).  I'm  anticipating a major blackout in good 2-3 days. =(

  • I AM SO BLESSED with my life as I speak. The place where my Uncle Boy lived together with his children and his children's children is in island off the fish port in Wawa, Nasugbu. I could tell from the scarcity of drinking water and food how hard it is for me or for my family to live there. Imagine, the only clean water source for the entire village comes from a well that drains out late afternoon and will only replenish overnight. So major "igib" talaga lahat ng tao dun para sa panligo at panghugas ng pingan.

  • My dad is a terrible speed driver! I got goosebumps when he drove the car back from. I was like, OMG I still have lots of plans for the years ahead, please keep us safe. We prayed the rosary during the trip back home.  Twas a Good Friday. RIP AJ Perez btw.


 

Comments

Popular Posts