negativity within reach.

Few hours ago, we had our pre-hire orientation at i-hub building from 10pm-12am. The time was erratic, my first time to attend an orientation on a different timezone so to speak. But, irregardless of whether I'm regretting this decision now, I have already signed the contract and there's no turning back. Somehow, I must grow up.

Yeah. Few people knew that I used to work as a part-time crew in a well known fastfood chain back in college. But, I wasn't able to last on the job long enough to fully enjoy my work. To cut the story short, I was a deliquent employee.

No. I was never late for work. For two months, I'd been a promising trainee. My manager commended me well. Of course, except for the other manager who seemed to hate my existence pretty well. He's the type of manager that most employees would surely love to hate because of the way he yells at his crew, embarrassing him/her infront of his/her colleagues. I guess, employees tend to leave their manager, not the company. And at that time, I did decided to leave him.

My only regret was that I wasn't able to tender a formal resignation to the company whom I believe I learned a lot in terms of customer service. I did text my manager that I won't be reporting for work anymore and that I decided to resign for reasons that settled mostly on school matters and conflicting schedules but in reality, those were just bunch of lies. He never replied though.

That was the me back then.

A deliquent employee, a major loser, a huge quitter.

After that certain point, I became overly active in student orgs. My past experience indeed affected most of my decisions thereafter. Initially, it was hard managing time, juggling my dean's lister status and my being an active student leader. But slowly I learned to go through the flow, enjoyed the ride. Regardless and irregardless of those nerve wrecking situations, college was time well spent.

Four years after, I am once again employed.

I'm nervous, excited and scared.

I'm crossing my fingers tight now.

Hopefully I'd still be able to workout, attend to barkada gimiks at least once in a while
and go to family dinners...

Must Commit.
Must Generate Funds.
Must Grow Up.

oooOOOooo

I feel Kat's cold stare at me right now.
Can I just borrow him for a moment? hehe

Comments

Popular Posts